Sriram Vegetable Curry
Recipe from Sriram, 1985
1 cup Vegetables
1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon Coriander powder
1/8 - 1/4 teaspoon Chili powder
1/8 - 1/4 teaspoon Garlic powder
1 teaspoon Salt
1 large Onion
1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon Mustard seeds
1/8 teaspoon Urad Dal
1/4 - 1/2 cup Tomatoes-crushed
1. Mix the garlic, coriander and the chili powder along with salt and place
2. Pour about 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan and heat.
3. Add mustard seeds and urad dal. The mustard seeds will split and
the oil may spill. Be careful when you are doing this. Wait until the
mustard seeds stop making any noise.
4. Add onions and fry until the onions turn brown.
5. Add the vegetables, the mixture of step 1 and the crushed tomatoes.
6. Fry for about 5 minutes, if you are using canned vegetables. Otherwise
cover the pan and let the vegetables cook. (This might take about 10-